EmCare has partnered with Advanced ICU Care, Inc. (AICU) to provide high-quality remote critical care to patients in intensive care units (ICU). As the result of a nationwide shortage of intensivists (critical care physicians), just one in five ICUs is staffed with intensivists even though studies show that this type of specialist care saves more lives, shortens patient stays and positively impacts a hospital’s bottom line.
AICU helps overcome the shortage of intensivists and improves ICU patient care by utilizing cutting-edge eICU® telemedicine technology, enabling intensivists at a central location to remotely care for hospital ICU patients hundreds of miles away. AICU’s telemedicine technology, board-certified intensivists and critical care nurses are transforming health care by leveraging scarce resources and helping hospitals provide a new level of care that improves patient safety and saves lives.
AICU client successes include:
- Increase in ICU case volumes
- Reduction in ICU length of stay
- Reduction in post-ICU length of stay
- Significant decrease in patient transfers
- Increase in ICU CMI due to improved documentation from ICU-specific EMR ICU nursing turnover reduction